- Netflix is a streaming service that entertains millions of people throughout the world. Almost 139 million people have subscribed to Netflix and the number is still growing.
- It has become the most popular video streaming platform on the internet. You can easily watch TV shows, movies, or series anytime on Netflix of your own choice by sitting at your home.
- It provides a number of amazing shows to its users. You don’t need to spare time for going to the cinema and watching movies of your interest there. Instead of that, just sit at your home, get relax and search the series or movie on Netflix according to your mood and enjoy it.
- But where to watch your favorite shows? On which device?
- A smartphone might be very small to enjoy your movie and a LED might not be available at every place. So, keeping in mind the above points, a laptop seems to be the best solution.
- A good laptop with distinguishing features makes you comfortable while watching your favorite shows. No matter wherever you are, you can carry it anywhere with you.
7 Best Laptops For Streaming Netflix
- After prolonged research, we have found the 7 best laptops for streaming Netflix that are mentioned below.
1. 2021 HP Stream 14ʺ HD Thin and Light
This is one of the best laptops for streaming Netflix with a reliable Wi-Fi connection for enhanced streaming, downloads, and web surfing. This thin, lightweight, and stylish design laptop easily shifts from homework workhorse to streaming your favorite shows. It has a 14ʺ diagonal HD BrightView display, weighing less than 14lbs with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB eMMC, and a dual-core Intel Celeron processor. Its improved 802.11ac 2×2 Wi-Fi antenna delivers a stronger, more reliable internet connection than before. Enjoy enhanced streaming, fast downloads, and smooth web surfing all day with up to 11 hours of battery life. HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone makes video chats clear and smooth.
2. HP Chromebook 14
Another best laptop for streaming Netflix is HP Chromebook 14 Laptop. 14″ HD (1366×768) micro-edge, the anti-glare display makes images appear crisp. 32 GB of storage and 4 GB of RAM expands bandwidth and boosts performance. It will quickly access your work and securely store and save your work and important documents. (2×2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0 combo will make your connection clear and work efficiently. Its Chrome Operating System will let you navigate through tabs and programs effortlessly. Also, Chromebook is protected with HP´s 1-year limited hardware warranty. With up to 13 hours and 30 minutes of long-lasting battery, you can enjoy wireless streaming. Work and entertainment don´t have to end with such great battery life. The Chromebook is only 3.24lbs, so you can take it anywhere with you.
3. Acer Chromebook Spin 311 Convertible
Acer Chromebook Spin 311 Convertible Laptop easily transforms into a Notebook, Stand-up Display, Tent, or a Tablet due to the 360° versatility of hinge. With 4 Modes you can choose any form for enjoying your favorite movies and shows on Netflix, and other works as well.
- Laptop Mode: Maximizes productivity with the fully functional keyboard. You can easily do your office work with laptop mode.
- Display Mode: Brings the screen closer for enjoying and entertainment content. This mode will help you to enjoy your shows by making you feel like you are watching on a LED-type big screen.
- Tent Mode: This mode is perfect in a narrow space like an airplane. It easily acquires a tent shape which is not just beneficial in a narrow place but also helps in viewing a recipe in the kitchen.
- Tablet Mode: The best way to browse the internet, play games, and share information is the tablet mode of this laptop. 6ʺ HD display and IPS technology make the screen clear and colors saturated edge-to-edge. You can quickly transfer data, stream videos, and charge the battery with two USB Type-C ports. Intel Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 and strategically placed 802.11ac wireless antenna with 2×2 MU-MIMO provides a strong consistent wireless signal. MU-MIMO( Multi-User Multi-Input and Multi-Output) is a standard that offers faster wireless speeds and can handle more wireless devices at once. With up to 10 hours of battery life, you can comfortably enjoy your movies and shows on Netflix along with other works on a laptop.
4. ASUS L210 Ultra Thin
Best laptop for people on the go. Wherever you go you can take this with you and enjoy your favorite movies or shows along with other important works which have to be done on the laptop. ASUS L210 a compact and lightweight 11.6-inch laptop is designed to be productive. Powered by the latest Intel processor and 11.6″ HD (1366×768) slim display. eMMC storage and pre-loaded Windows 10 in S mode offer full compatibility with a wide range of software and peripherals. MyASUS handy tool (part of MyASUS app) seamlessly integrates with mobile devices, allowing easier multi-tasking. Its fanless design keeps the noise level down. You won´t be distracted while working on a spreadsheet or watching a movie. L210 comes with a backlit keyboard. A large 6-inch multi-touch pad with palm-rejection technology offers an excellent experience. With up to 12 hours of battery life, you can leave the heavy power adapter at home. Its battery life gives the flexibility to work, streaming movies on Netflix, and play games anywhere
5. HP Chromebook 14
HP Chromebook 14 Laptop is a 14-inch laptop with an FHD display, 178° wide viewing angles, and a 180° hinge. Its 4 GB RAM saves photos, videos, and documents. While 32 GB eMMC Multimedia card provides reliable flash-based storage without any of the drawbacks of traditional hard drives. Intel Celeron Processor N3350 (perfect combination of performance, power, and all-day battery life) runs the device smoothly. Wi-Fi 5 (2×2) WLAN adapter and Bluetooth 4.2 make connections rock solid. Intel HD Graphics 500 renders all visuals on screen with smooth, vivid quality. This Chromebook is also MU-MIMO supported for a smoother online experience in multi-device homes. Up to 11 hours and 30 minutes of battery life make you enjoy streaming Netflix and YouTube videos along with playing games and other important works.
6. ASUS VivoBook 512 Thin and Light
ASUS VivoBook 512 Thin and Light Laptop is the most demanding and highly recommended streaming product on Amazon. It´s awesome to stream Netflix having quality movies with extremely good graphics. A compact laptop with a frameless four-sided NanoEdge display. Its EgroLift hinge design also tilts the keyboard up for more comfortable typing. AMD Ryzen 5 processor with discrete AMD Radeon graphics helps you get things done with the least amount of fuss. Also, an Ergonomic backlit keyboard with a fingerprint sensor is activated via Windows Hello. This laptop comes in different colors i-e Slate Grey, Transparent Silver, Coral Crush, and Peacock Blue. You can choose one of your favorite colors among them.
7. LG Gram
LG Gram Laptop is for sure one of the best laptops for streaming Netflix, having a 14-inch IPS display, and 10th Gen Intel CPU that improves performance and work efficiency. You can transfer up to 40 Gbps data and view smooth 5K video, all while charging the laptop. Thunderbolt 3 will help you to charge, transfer data, and view videos all at the same time. LG Gram´s fingerprint reader will make it easy for you to boot up and login instantaneously. Simply touch the power button to log in or to reawake the laptop from sleep mode. It will easily and securely protect your information beyond just using a password. The backlit keyboard will help you while using the laptop at night time. You can freely stream Netflix and enjoy your favorite shows on an LG Gram laptop with up to 18.5 hours of battery life. There is no need to worry about the battery life. Feel free to stream as many videos and movies as your heart desires.
How to Choose Best Laptops for Streaming Netflix
When it comes to streaming Netflix, there are certain features that should be kept in mind while buying a laptop that makes the laptop a good fit for streaming high-quality videos.
A Full HD Display
The display is the most important feature to look out for while buying a laptop for streaming Netflix. The display could not be compromised when it comes to watching videos on YouTube and Netflix.
A full HD display matters a lot while watching movies and shows on a laptop. It would enhance the screen quality and you would enjoy the best video viewing experience.
Screen size also matters. A bigger screen provides bigger entertainment and comfort. If you are looking for a big screen, consider a 15 or 17-inch laptop.
Good battery life is one of the most important features to consider while buying a laptop for streaming Netflix.
People who use laptops hourly become frustrated when the battery goes down rapidly. And such devices consume more battery while streaming videos.
Hence, if you want to get rid of battery issues then you must go for such a laptop that offers a great all-day battery life. No matter how many hours you spend working on a laptop and watching videos, you should be tension-free about the battery.
The random access memory temporarily stores data of running programs. So, if you are running videos on YouTube and Netflix then having more RAM would help in multitasking and faster performance.
4 GB of RAM works best for YouTube and Netflix. If you have a high budget then you can also go with 8 GB or 16 GB RAM. Otherwise, 4 GB RAM is good enough for streaming Netflix and YouTube videos.
Some people like to download movies and save them for later. For such use, the laptop should have enough storage.
There are two options for storage. One is Solid-State Drive (SSD) and another one is Hard Disk Drive (HDD).
SSD is faster than HDD but it´s expensive also. Hence, if you are looking for budget options then HDD is much cheaper than SDD.
Frequently Asked Question
For streaming Netflix what should be the preferred resolution?
Higher resolution means sharper and more detailed video streams. Netflix, YouTube, and other streaming platforms offer FHD videos.
So, keeping in mind your budget. You should go for FHD resolution. FHD or 1080p is also the Blue-Ray resolution.
Do keep in mind that 4K videos could not stream on the FHD display or FHD videos on the HD (720p) display.
How can you connect your laptop with your TV?
For any laptop, connectivity is the most important feature for streaming Netflix and YouTube videos.
TVs and laptops are generally connected via HDMI ports. Make sure that both your laptop and TV have the required compatible ports.
Some laptops offer Thunderbolt 3 instead of HDMI. In such a case, you have to find Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI adapter in order to make it compatible with your TV.
Hope so the above guide will help you a lot in finding your desired laptop for streaming Netflix and YouTube. Do keep in mind the above-mentioned features while opting for a laptop. It will ease you in figuring out the best laptop for streaming Netflix that matches your needs and budget.
Also, Read>>Best laptop for Podcasting