Disabling Touchpad in Lenovo: (5 METHODS WITH PICTURES)
Lenovo touchpads, without any doubt, have been appreciated strongly by the users for their amazing features. These not only allow you to have a mouse pad or a touchpad but there is also a red colored cursor in the center of the keyboard which acts as a mouse. Not only this, the mouse pad can be enabled as well as disabled. Same goes for the touchpad which can also be displayed on your screens by just allowing it from the settings.
Owning a Lenovo touchpad myself has taught me a lot of fun tricks. I believe it is one of the best laptops out there. You get to use it not only as a laptop but also as a touchpad, isn’t that simply amazing? If you feel like watching a movie while enjoying the theatre vibes, just rotate the screen clockwise, adjust the screen a little, turn on the dark mode, grab some popcorn, and you are good to go. How comfortable and fun it would be to have the all-in-one package.
However, there are some problems that we have to deal with too because of this so very touchpad feature. Some people prefer doing their work by simply using the keyboard without any “Touching pad” benefits which is completely fine and we have got many ways to solve that problem for you. Let us look at all the methods available that would allow you to disable or enable the touching pad.
Method no. 1: (Screenshots added at the end for your help)
The “touchpad settings” method:
This method is quite simple and it only requires a little bit of your effort. If you have a windows 10, please follow the given instructions,
- Go to the “Search bar” in the “Bottom left” of your screen.
- Search for “Touchpad setting” and right click on it.
- Click on the “Additional settings”
- Simply double click on the box which states “enables” and the touchpad would be disabled.
- Make sure to click on “Apply” and then click “Ok”.
|Step- 1||Step – 2||Step- 3|
(Note: Please know that even if this method works for both the windows i.e., Window 10 and window 7, the words used or options might vary according to the updated version)
Method no. 2:
The keyboard method:
This method is for those having a Lenovo laptop or touchpad with a specific key in their key board so please make sure that the keyboard of your laptop has that specific key. This is one of the simplest methods because all you have to do is to look for a particular key and you are done. Make sure to follow the given instructions in this method,
- Check the “F-keys” on your Lenovo keyboard.
- Look at the F-keys and try to find the key that disables the touchpad.
- “F5” and “F6” keys usually perform the function of disabling the touchpad.
- Click on the key while pressing the “Fn” function and confirm it when the notification for confirmation appears on your screen.
Method no. 3:
Control panel method:
In this method, you merely have to go to control panel and then select the option for “hardware and sound”. This one might be a little tricky but if you follow the steps clearly it would not be a problem at all. Just follow the given instructions to make this method word.
- Go to search bar and type “Control panel”
- Open the “control panel”
- Click “hardware and sound”
- Then look for the “Touch” option and simply disable it.
- Make sure to “apply” it first and then click “Ok”
Method no. 4:
Mouse settings method:
This method is similar to the “Touchpad settings” method. You have to follow almost the same instructions. However, it is important for those who do not get to locate a “Touchpad settings” option in their Lenovo laptops. For this one, follow the given instructions,
- Firstly, go to your search bar which you can see in the bottom left of your laptops.
- Search for “mouse settings”
- Now, click on the “Additional setting” option which you can see under the “Related options”
- Now, you will be able to untick the already enabled “Touchpad”
Method no. 5:
Uninstalling the driver:
I would suggest that you use this method only when no other method works. This one asks you to uninstall the driver that controls the touchpad options. Even if no other method works, this one would certainly help you achieve what you have been trying to do. Let us look at it in more detail with the help of steps now,
- Go to the device manager and look for the drivers.
- You can find the drivers in the “hardware”
- Spot the touchpad driver and right click on it.
- Uninstall the touchpad driver which will help you to disable the touchpad.
- You can enable the touchpad again by installing it back.
GET IT DONE:
To conclude it all, the five (5) methods that have been stated above will allow you to get rid of the touchpad for a while. Please know that after disabling the touchpad you can enable it back again. Enabling the touchpad would be the same as disabling it. You will just have to “tick again” the “unticked” touchpad option. You can use the keyboard method which is simply the easiest and the fastest. However, the other four (4) can do the job well too. Also, updating the system would allow you to explore more options so do not stop yourself from doing that in case you can not find the options that have been explained above.
Inconveniences occur all the time. Our job is to make sure that we find solutions to fic those inconveniences. I am sure that this will help you in learning a lot about your Lenovo laptop or “Lenovo touchpad”. Please know that you can do the same enabling and disabling work with your mouse as well as keyboard by simply going to the search bar and exploring the “Mouse settings” and the “keyboard settings” respectively. Hope this would help!
More guides on Laptopsdiscovery.com
If you intend to get a touch screen for your Lenovo laptop, Click here for detail